Meiji University Library serves all Meiji students, faculty and staff, offering online databases for research and investigation.
- Conditions and usage guides for first access
- Part-time faculty are required to apply for use.
Online Database Guide for Part-time Faculty
- When you access online databases from off-campus, please use a SSL-VPN Connection Service.
- *-marked databases are not available through VPN. Use the PCs on campus.
- Meiji University Library Carefully Selected Database List(Japanese language only)
|DB Provided by Japanese vendors (#New arrivals are indicated by boldface)||Faculty||Graduates||Undergraduates||Parttime Faculty||*MAGAZINEPLUS||Citation of Magagines, Academic articles||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|*Web OYA-bunko||Citation of Magazine collections by OHYA SOICHI||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Magazine index collection database||magazine index||Ο||Ο||Ο||Ο|
|KIKUZOU 2 Visual||Asahi Newspaper||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Yomidasu Bunshokan||Yomiuri Newspaper||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Mainichi News Pack||Mainichi Newspaper||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Nikkei TELECOM 21||4 major newspapers by Nihon Keizai Shimbun -Nikkei -Nikkei Business Daily -Nikkei Marketing Journal -Nikkei Financial Daily||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|ELNET||Japanese newspapers and magazines||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Japan Knowledge||Encyclopedias and dictionaries including "Nipponica"||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Nihon Rekishi Chimei Taikei||Database of historical toponym in Japan||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Nikkoku Online||Dictionary of Japanese Language "Nihon Kokugo Daijiten, 2nd ed."||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|iJAMP||administrative and fiscal information in Japan||Ο||Ο||Ο||Ο|
|*LEX/DB internet||legal precedents||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|LexisNexis JP||Database of Japanese legal information||Ο||Ο||Ο||Ο|
|Current Legal Information||Bibliography of legal material and precedents||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|*Monthly Legal Information||Bibliography of legal material and precedents||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|*Nikkei NEEDS-Financial QUEST2.0||industry statistics and commodity market data||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|eol ESPer||financial statement report, company information||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Asian Affairs Database（Japanese）||IDE Digital Archives on Asia||Ο||Ο||Ο||Ο|
|NRI Cyber Patent Desk||Patent information||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|*JDreamII||Science and technology||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Rika-Nenpyo Premium||"Chronological Scientific Tables:Rika-nenpyo"||Ο||Ο||Ο||Ο|
|Web Minryoku||local statistics of Japan||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Literature News Flash Web||Science and Technology at Large||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
Ο: available, Δ: application needed, ×: not available
|DB Provided by vendors outside Japan (#New arrivals are indicated by boldface)||Faculty||Graduates||Undergraduates||Parttime Faculty|
|Web of Science||Database of citing articles, related records and cited references||Ο||Ο||Ο||Ο|
|FirstSearch||Bibliography and magazine citations||Ο||Ο||×||×|
|LexisNexis Academic||Newspapaers and Business information||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|The Times Digital Archive 1785-1985||Online historical archive, delivering every page as published from 200 years of The Times (London)||Ο||Ο||Ο||Ο|
|AFP World Academic Archive||Images and photographs of News Materials||Ο||Ο||Ο||Ο|
|OED Online||Online version of Oxford English Dictionary (2nd ed.)||Ο||Ο||Ο||Ο|
|Marquis Who's Who on the web||who's who||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|DialogSelect PsycINFO||psychology, behavior science and social science||Ο||Ο||×||×|
|The Making of the Modern World||Goldsmiths'-Kress Library of Economic Literature 1450-1850||Ο||Ο||Ο||Ο|
|ECCO: The Eighteenth Century Collections Online||database of the eighteenth century English literature in full text.||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|lexis.com||Legal and business information||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|*JURIS Online||German legal information||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Mergent Online||Company and financial statements||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Biblio branchee||Bibliographies and full-text database of Quebecois magazines and newspapers||Ο||Ο||Ο||Ο|
|MLA International Bibliography||Database of articles and indexes in literature, linguistics and folklore||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|BDSL||Catalog for German language study and literature||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|IBZ||International Bibliography of Periodical Literature||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|Derwent Innovations Index||International patents||Ο||Ο||Ο||Δ|
|*SciFinder Scholar||Chemical substance and article information||Ο||Ο||Ο||×|
|DialogSelect SciSearch||Natural sciences Social sciences||Ο||Ο||×||×|
|DialogSelect BIOSIS||life sciences||Ο||Ο||×||×|
|DialogSelect INSPEC||physics and engineering||Ο||Ο||×||×|
|DialogSelect COMPENDEX||engineering and technology article||Ο||Ο||×||×|
|DialogSelect EMBASE||medical and pharmaceutical articles||Ο||Ο||×||×|
|DialogSelect ICONDA||civil engineering, municipal engineering, architecture and construction||Ο||Ο||×||×|
Ο: available, Δ: application needed, ×: not available
- LexisNexis Academic and Lexis.com are now displayed in English.
- SciFinder Web can be accessed by up to three persons at the same time.
The following conditions are required to access external databases.
- Use of a personal computer connected to "MIND": the Meiji University Integrated Network Domain You may also access MIND from off-campus locations by means of a PPP or VPN connection. (There are some databases that are cannot be accessed via VPN or PPP because of contract restrictions by the vendors.)See the instruction below for Remote Access.
Click here for help in dealing with external connections to databases.
- All students are required to have completed an Internet Orientation before connecting to "MIND"(Confirm your status from here.)
- You need password for the "Kyotsu-Ninsho System"
|Students||Student Identification Number
(Input via a half-width capital letter)
|Same ID as for the certification vendor||Your school office|
|Faculty||Faculty and Administrative staff Identification Number||Same as for intranet use||Your school office|
|staff||Faculty and Administrative staff Identification Number||Same as for intranet use||Office system section|
How to connect
- Click the menu "Online Databases"on the top webpage of Meiji Univeresity Library
- Click the name of the database that you wish to access, and log in.
- Enter your Identification number and password when required.
- How to connect(Japanese language only)
Guidelines for using online databases
- Access is restricted to full-time faculty, staff, and students of Meiji University.
- Users have the resposibility for complying with the regulations of each database.
- All articles on each database is copyrighted.
- Each copyright belongs to its author or service provider. The database user is permitted to download and print the articles on condition that it is for individual study or research purposes. Downloading and printing in excess of individual study or research purposes is prohibited In particular, the use of any downloading programs is strictly prohibited.
To copy or distribute any search results for charge or for free without permission from the copyright holders is infringement of copyright.
Use of a VPN (Virtual Private Network) provides a way of connecting to MIND (the university's intranet (Meiji University Integrated Domain)) from off-campus, allowing you to access electronic resources as if you were on campus. What you need
- A Mobile Account: Apply online from here
- A Computer with VPN client capability
- Internet access
How to set up Follow the instruction "VPN"(Japanese language only) to set up VPN on your computer. Troubleshooting Q: I cannot use "e-journals" or "databases" A: You can only access library's e-journals and databases from the computers within the university's network. If you are using VPN, make sure to set up the proxy server correctly on the web browser. Please note that some of the databases do not allow VPN or PPP access.
Part-time faculty are required to submit this application form(Japanese only) to the following library counter to use the online databases
|Central Library||Multimedia Counter / 1F|
|Izumi Library||Reference Counter / 1F|
|Ikuta Library||Reference Counter / 2F|
- Condition:Your application form will be accepted ONLY for the purpose of managing your class at Meiji For other purposes(i.e. research), ask the school or organization with which you are affiliated.
- Available Databases:You can use ONLY following fixed rate databases.(as of April 2006)
- Web OYA-bunko
- KIKUZOU2 Visual
- Nikkei TELECOM 21
- LEX/DB internet
- eol DB Tower Service
- Current Legal Information
- LexisNexis Academic
- Mergent Online
- Period:Once the application is accepted and registerd for use, you are permitted to access those databases till the end of the school year(March).
How to get Library card:It is neccessary for you to have a library card when you submit the application form Ask the following counter to get a library card with your 1) faculty ID card 2)one ID photo (3x3cm).
Location Counter Central Library Circulation Counter / B2 Izumi Library Circulation Counter / 1F Ikuta Library Circulation Counter / 2F