Ikuta Multimedia FAQs
About PCs Only for Searching Information
- What’s the PC Only for Searching Information?
- The desktop or laptop PCs that you may borrow to use E-journals and Online databases which the library has contacted with.
- When may I use the PC in the library?
- Check the library schedule on our website.
- What kind of equipments can I use in Ikuta Library?
- There are 51 desktop computers for research and 2 computers for CD-ROM use. There are also 34 laptop computers for loan. You can bring and use your own computer in the library.
- How can I use those equipments?
- No special procedures are required to use the research computers. You can use it by entering your ID/password. If you wish to use the computers for CD-ROM, please ask the Reference counter. You can borrow a laptop computer from the PC locker by yourself.
- What can I do with the computer?
- You can access the internet, use email and office applications. Only Meiji students, faculty and staff can access the internet. Students are required to attend the Internet Orientation conducted by MIND (Meiji University Integrated Network Domain). You can print.(Fees will apply.) Check the "Meiji Universtiy Open Printer" page for details.
- What can I do with the computer for CD-ROM use?
- You can use academic CD-ROMs which the Ikuta library holds.
- I’m not sure how to use and retrieve information with the computer for CD-ROM use...
- Please ask the Reference counter or see the manual which is placed near the computers.
- Can I print or save my data on the computer?
- You can print. (Fees will apply.) Please check the "Meiji University Open Printer" page for details. You can save your data on your own USB memories unless it infringes the copyrights.
- How can I borrow and use the laptop computer?
- You can borrow a laptop computer from the PC locker by yourself.
- Where may I use laptop computers?
- Laptop computers are limited to use at the table next to the Multimedia Area 2F or at the 3rd open-area reading room. Please keep a plug in an outlet while using a Laptop PC. You can access the internet via wireless LAN in the library.
- What can I do with the library's laptop computer?
- You can access the internet and use office applications. Alumni cannot use the Internet.
To page top