PCs for information search
Data Search Computers
These computers are for academic research using the internet, online databases and E-journals that library has contracted for. Do not use these computers for word processing, etc One of the following cards is required depending on your status to utilize a terminal You first need to insert your card.
|Graduates and Undergraduates||Student ID card|
|Faculty and staff members||Faculty / Staff ID card|
|Part-time Faculty||Library card||unable to access online databses, able to use E-journals|
|Alumuni and others||Library card||unable to connect to the internet|
When you finish, select the "Log OFF" from start menu on windows and remove the card.
How to print
We charge for printing . Refer to "Meiji University Open Printer(Japanese language only)" for details.
- Send the information to the print que through any application software (ex.word, excel etc...) by selecting the printer name on this network while your PC is connected to MIND.
- Your data is NOT immediately printed and does not appear on the printer immediately after sending it to the print que because it is saved on the server temporarily.
- Be sure to connect to the "MIND" network via a PPP or VPN connection if you are using a computer from outside the campus because a connection with the MIND network is required to send your data to a print que on the server.
- Your data for printing is saved on a server and is automatically deleted every 24 hours.
- You can print from a printer on campus which is connected to the Open Printer System.
- You will be required to insert the coin when you operate the printer machine Pre-paid cards for copy machines on the campus is also accepted and the cost is the same as photocopying.