Law Library Use Guide
What is the Law Library Use Guide?
- User Guide for PCs in the Law Library
- Dedicated Web OPAC
- [List of Journals]
- [List of Casebooks]
- [List of Syllabus Books]
- [How to locate materials]
The Law Library is a library dedicated to the graduate students of Meiji University Law School. It houses law-related books, journals, and casebooks and provides access to these materials to the patrons. Since the collection of the Library is limited in scale due to the space, patrons are encouraged to use this Library together with the Central Library.
Outline of the Law Library
- No. of books in the collection:
- Approximately 12,500 books (as of May 1, 2011)
- No. of journal titles:
- Japanese journals: 145 Foreign journals: 27
- Seating capacity:
- No. of PCs:
- Reading and office space: 199.46ュヨ。。 Stack room space: 79.22ュヨ
User Eligibility / Available Services
- Graduate students of Meiji University Law School / Reading, photocopying, checking out, and the use of PCs
- Faculty (including the faculty, part-time faculty, and educational assistants of Meiji University other than those in the Law School) / Reading, photocopying, checking out, and the use of PCs
- Those who have a user certificate issued by the Central Library (materials must be specified) / Reading and photocopying
* Persons other than the graduate students and faculty of the Law School must obtain a user certificate from the Central Library to use the Law Library. For details, please contact the Reference Counter on the 1st floor of the Central Library.
* Although the graduate students of the Graduate School of Law can use the library for reading, they are not allowed to check out materials. The materials that they can read in the library are limited to those that are not available in the Central Library.
- Monday to Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sundays, holidays, and the closed days of the Central Library at the end of each month: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For the latest calendar, please see Law Library Calendar.
It is located on the first basement floor of the Research Building. For a map, click Access.
Meiji University Law Library
1-1 Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8301