NII Resource Center/Library
On December 2004, the National Institute of Informatics Resource Center/Library and the Meiji University Library concluded a mutual use agreement, providing the access to the NII Resource Center/Library to the graduate students of our University under the following conditions:
The graduate students of Meiji University (those enrolled in the master’s and doctoral degree programs) are allowed to use the NII Resource Center/Library. Please take your student ID card with you and fill out a request form at the Center/Library to obtain a user card, a certificate to enter and use the library.
Use of NII Resource Center/Library
National Institute of Informatics Resource Center/Library: 18F, Academic Research Center, 2-1-2, Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo. Tel: 03-4212-2140
- Hours of operation: Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Closed: Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and during New Year holidays. Please note that the Center/Library is locked all the time, and you need to contact the Center/Library using the extension telephone on the wall next to the entrance. After obtaining a user card, use the card to open the Center/Library.
- Checking out: Check out and return the materials using a self-checkout machine and your user card. Loan period: For the materials held by the NII Resource Center/Library, one month. For the materials held by research offices, about two weeks (you need to contact each research office in advance to request the use of the materials). You cannot check out reference books or non-bound periodicals.
- A photocopy service is available. Please ask the Center/Library staff. It costs 35 yen per sheet (cash). Please be advised that the copier in the reading room is only for the instructors of the Center/Library and you are not allowed to use it.
- OPAC is available for use. However, you are not allowed to use it to search for information or view electronic journals.
- A purchase request service is not available.
- For a reference service, we may not be able to readily provide it to you in some cases.