For General Public
Please specify the materials that you wish to use and then you need a following procedure.
How to visit our library
- Please bring your identification card and a referral letter that was made by university libraries, research institutes, public libraries etc. to which you belong.
- You can use our collections (without CD-ROMs) and a photocopy service.
- Check our service hours by Library calender (Central,Izumi,Ikuta,Nakano) beforehand (ATTENTION: The Service hours are different in each campus library.) Sundays and Holidays are not available (The holiday opening of Izumi Library during for the regular examination priod is excluded.)
- If the materials you wish are held by National Diet Library or public libraries, you should use their materials at first.
About a referral letter, please consult university libraries, research institutes' reference room, public libraries etc. to which you belong
For the staff of libraries (About issuing a referral letter)
- Search our materials by WWW-OPAC.
- Inquire to the campus library where the patron hopes to use by fax whether the materials can be used We do not accept an inquiry by a telephone.
- After receiving our reply, issue a referral letter A referral letter's style is free, but you must write the material's title, call number, patron's name and use date.
- Our materials can be used at each compus library. (For example, Ikuta library's materials can be used at Central library.) However, it takes time for the delivery, so please send an inquiry well in advance.
- We can keep the materials for a week. (Please consult about journals' keeping.)
You can use microforms for two hours at one time. But if there is a vacant microreader, you can continue to use. We can not prepare a lot of microforms at the same time Please specify the year or volume, if you need to use a microform with volumes.
About rare books
It is necessary to apply to use rare books. Write an application form that we send and back to Sogo service section Reference clerk at Central library by fax How to apply see also HERE(Japanese language only) (*Literary Collection of the Edo Period, Koreto Ashida Map Collection and Literary Collection of the Modern Japanese are also required an application.)